Garage Door Remotes
Since the 1940’s, homeowners have enjoyed the convenience of being able to operate their garage door with the click of a button. Garage door remotes have come a long way in the last 80 years. If you need help with your remote or if you want to take advantage of all the cool new features, Austin Overhead Doors is here to help you out.
Garage Door Remote Options AvailableThe first remotes used in the 40’s were simple buttons placed on a post outside of the garage or on the wall on the inside. They used radio transmitters to operate the receiver on the opener. Today, technology has come so far, that you can control your garage door from thousands of miles away. If you have a basic opener that operates with that simple technology and you are looking for something more advanced, you are in luck. There are what seems like an endless amount of options out there. The latest in remote technology for your garage:
- Homelink: This is becoming a common feature on cars. With this technology, you can connect your garage door to your car. This feature is only enabled on Guardian brand openers.
- Connect your home lights to turn on with your garage. For increased safety, you can remotely turn on the lights of your house in conjunction with opening your garage door.
- Ability to turn off radio controls for a certain period of time if you are on vacation or otherwise away from your home for an extended time.
- MyQ technology. This app allows you to operate your garage door with your smartphone. You can be alerted when your door opens or closes, let in the neighbor to feed your dog, or give your guests access to your home if you are stuck at the office.
- The ability to have your remote connected to your keychain