Maintenance and Repair
Throughout the life of your garage door system, you will need general maintenance service. During these appointments, needed repairs and potential repairs are identified. Austin Overhead Doors is available to perform both your maintenance and repair services.
General MaintenanceAll garage door systems require regular maintenance. The specific model you have will determine the suggested frequency of these appointments. The brand, type, and age of your garage door system all factor into how often maintenance is recommended. General maintenance on your garage door system is important and should not be considered optional. Regularly scheduled maintenance appointments ensure that all parts are functioning correctly. They also help to identify parts that need replaced.
Maintenance Service and RepairIt is common for a maintenance appointment to turn into a repair appointment. This happens when our technician sees something needing repaired. Some repairs are more easily identified during a maintenance appointment than others.
- While verifying lubrication levels, a leak is found
- While checking the alignment of the sensors, a crack is found
- Weather seal is checked and found to be worn in spots
- Batteries in the opener remotes need to be replaced due to a lag in response time
- An overall cleaning of the door is needed after seeing debris that is clogging the bottom area of the tracks